20 October 2009

Pictures!!

I'm finally getting around to uploading some newer pictures. The link to the pictures is here. Below is a description of what you'll find in each album. I've tried to organize them chronologically and by location (within the album), but my patience is about gone. I think they are grouped pretty well.

Christmas 08
  • Jungle paradise and the most amazing waterfalls I've ever seen at Iguazu Falls, on the border between Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay. So phenomenal and fully worth the 16-hour one-way overnight bus trip!! Check out the crazy butterflies, too!
  • Buenos Aires, Argentina. Great city!! Lots of pictures of old buildings, Recoleta Cemetery (where you'll see the tomb of Evita), the Obelisk, the functioning metal 'flower,' and the Caminito district where the houses are painted bright colors and people dance the tango on the street. Other notables are the pics of Jenna and me at our Christmas Eve Indian dinner and any funny street signs along the way.
  • Bariloche, Argentina in the lakes district of the country on the northern end of Patagonia. We didn't spend nearly enough time in this beautiful area. It's this great little ski town, kind of sleepy in the summer but totally catering to tourists. The geography really reminded me of home. We rented a car and took a day tour around some of the many lakes, which was the highlight. This is also where we learned that the phrase 'artisan fair' is code for 'trolls and drug paraphernalia.' Look out for any pipes with trolls.
  • Bus trip over the mountains from Bariloche to Puerto Montt, Chile, and then up the coast to Santiago. Beautiful! And crazy customs at the border...
  • Santiago, Chile. What a great place to spend New Year's Eve! I was most excited that it was warm enough for me to wear my tube top. We had a blast at the downtown celebration, complete with fireworks and pineapple wine. We toured around the city, checking out the old buildings and riding both the cable car and funicular (fancy train-type apparatus that goes up the side of a hill) up to Cerro San Cristobal. We enjoyed a beautiful view and great beer at the top. We took a tour to the Concha y Toro winery and saw the actual Casillero del Diablo. We also took a private day tour to the coastal cities Valparaiso and Vina del Mar. We ended our stay in Santiago with way too much beer with our new friend Josue from the hotel. Ah, flying hungover.
Mom and Dad's Colombian Adventure
  • Title pretty much says it all. Mom and dad visited the week before Easter. We had a lot of fun and they got to see the city as I did.
My Tatoo
  • Again, pretty self-explanatory. This is the documentation of the process and the end result.
Last Days in Colombia
  • All the stuff that happened in the last couple months I was in Colombia, including a live salsa show Jenna, Tina and I went to, the live reggae music our friends played at a cool little cafe, and random shots of friends. So many things that I miss...

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Gah! Sorry to hear that the job search is so tough. I'm glad you're stateside.