10 May 2007

Motivation

Or, the lack thereof. I am this ( ) close to being finished with my thesis paper, yet I can't seem to focus long enough to get the damn introduction written! Every time I sit down to work, something distracts me, be it the piles of stuff waiting for my garage sale, readying my house for a visit from the parents and tons of people for my graduation party, or even daydreams of what life will be like in Medellin. And now, I've got this to distract me. Great. Like I need anything else to pull my attention!

I am really looking forward to this move as the growing experience I know it can be. As much as I've learned about myself in the last 6 years, I'm really feeling like I've gotten stagnant, and I've maybe even lost view of who I really am. I can't wait to see how I 'am', how I'll act and how I'll measure approval and acceptance and how I'll handle being on my own, thousands of miles away from everything that is comforatable and known to me. And how can I use this new environment to really examine who I am and where my heart is.

More on this later, as I'm having a bit of writer's block.

No comments: