18 August 2008

First Week

I made it through the first week of school fine.  My kids seem like they're going to be a lot of fun.  It's going to be a challenge, but I tried to start things differently this year, so maybe it'll be a bit easier to get them to do something for me.  On the whole, they seem like they really are good people, just really squirrelly.  We'll see what happens.  I do have one class with 21 boys and no girls.  That's going to be interesting.  I have a feeling it'll be a smelly classroom when they're there.  

Today was our first puente (Monday holiday) of the school year.  The only plans I had were to spend time at the pool.  Too bad it's been rainy and cloudy all weekend.  Very disappointing.  I tried today, but a downpour started as soon as I got there, so Tina and I ended up having lunch and bloody marys and going home.  Total bummer.

No comments: